EFSC sponsored Freestyle sessions began Saturday, April 17th, 2021.
We have put guidelines in place to reduce the chance of spreading infections. These guidelines were made in collaboration with “the Rink” and suggested by our governing organization, USFS. Please make sure you are familiar with these guidelines prior to signing up for sessions. We expect this information to be updated as the situation evolves. If you are not feeling well, have COVID symptoms or have been exposed to a COVID-positive person recently, please stay home.
Please read the following information carefully before signing up for freestyle sessions.
Any questions, email and ask before signing up to skate: email@example.com
Q: What is Freestyle?
A: Dedicated practice and private lesson time for skaters of more advanced levels, not an appropriate session for beginner skaters.
Q: Who can skate on Freestyle?
A: Skaters at level Basic 3-4 and above and returning Teen and Adult group lesson skaters
Q: How does a Freestyle session work?
A: Skaters need to be courteous to all other skaters and coaches and diligent about safety. Coaches/skaters in a lesson have the right of way, but it is imperative that we all look out for one another. Certain areas are reserved for specific types of moves and skills. Please ask if you are unfamiliar with the process.
Tuesdays: 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28
Thursdays: 9/2, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23
Tuesdays: 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm
Thursdays: 6:15 am - 7:15 am
Saturday September 25th: 10:45 am - 11:45 am
Friday October 1st: 6:15am - 7:15am
Prices (per session):
Current Eugene Figure Skating Club and Learn to Skate USA members: $16
Skate Rentals: $4
How to participate:
- Pre-register and pre-pay for Freestyle sessions.
Sign-ups will be available monthly. Please register 24hrs in advance. Sessions are limited to 20 skaters.
- Select the session you would like to register for below, add to your cart and checkout via paypal.
We are unable to take payments at the rink. No refunds for no-shows. Ice time is first come, first served with scheduled lessons given priority.
Please pay only for the sessions that you have signed up for.
If you are not a Club or Learn to Skate USA member, please select the Non-Member rate.
Please make sure you choose option with skate rental, if needed.
Complete and submit these REQUIRED FORMS once per season
Skaters must be current members of EFSC in good-standing OR current Learn to Skate USA members (registered group lesson students) to qualify for Member pricing. Membership year runs July 1 – June 30.
Not sure if you are a current member? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to check.
If you would like to become an EFSC Member, click on link: Club Membership webpage
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU COME TO THE RINK
- Masks are required in the facility and on the ice for those persons not fully vaccinated
- The Rink will open to participants 15 minutes prior to our session time
- Please come dressed in skating attire and as prepared for your session as possible
- Bring your own water bottle
- Check-in with a Club representative upon arrival and follow all directions from Rink personnel
- Proceed directly to Rink side and claim a chair. Lace up your skates here
- Zip up your skate bag with everything in it and stow under your chair, including guards
- Stay at your chair until the ice doors open, try to maintain distance throughout your session
- Parents, you may help your skater lace up their skates at rink side and then head back to the lobby.
- When the session is over, return to your chair to remove your skates, then follow EXIT signs and exit the building within 15 minutes
- Restrooms and the Mini Mart will be open
We encourage you to regularly visit The Rink Exchange’s website and review the most current operating policies here.
Enjoy your time on the ice!